How is June over already?! I feel like the year just started and it’s already halfway over. Summer is my absolute favorite season – most likely because my birthday is coming up 🤗 I love the longer days, the best fresh fruit and relaxing by the pool! I also love the amazing romances that are released in the spring/summer. I have read some amazing books this year – some have been ARC’s that are still going to be released later in the year and others are books that are already out!
Here are my top ten reads of 2021 so far –
The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood
- Fake dating, forced proximity with plenty of sizzling chemistry – I adored this rom-com!
- Wonderful STEM representation that was so cute and nerdy!
- Already I can’t wait to re-read The Love Hypothesis!
- Releases September 14, 2021 – add it to your TBR!!
Battle Royal by Lucy Parker
- Enemies-to-lovers amongst judged on a baking competition – YES!
- I loved the banter and sizzling chemistry between Sylvie and Dominic.
- Definitely plan to be hungry while reading about all the sweet treats in this fantastic rom-com.
- Battle Royal releases August 17, 2021.
Dear Enemy by Kristen Callihan
- Kristen Callihan is a new to me author and I only discovered her after reading Make It Sweet – technically the book after Dear Enemy!
- Loved loved loved the chemistry and history between Macon and Delilah!
- I’m a sucker for a great second chance romance and Dear Enemy had me hooked right from the beginning!!
Twice Shy by Sarah Hogle
- I remember describing Twice Shy as a warm, gentle hug and it truly felt like that while reading it.
- This romance was achingly sweet. I loved the relationship between Maybell and Wesley.
- Enemies-to-lovers, grouchy cinnamon roll hero and…an only one tent situation – yes!
- Highly recommend Twice Shy.
The Royals Next Door by Karina Halle
- I recently read The Royals Next Door and while it was my first Karina Halle book it definitely won’t be my last!
- A bodyguard romance with a sarcastic/grumbly/cinnamon roll hero – yes please!
- I loved the relationship between school teacher Piper and Harrison, the bodyguard to the royals (who moved next door).
- I was often laughing, but also loved the more serious topics discussed like mental health and privacy (especially of the royals).
- Add this one to your TBR – releases August 31, 2021.
People We Meet On Vacation by Emily Henry
- I have to start off by saying friends-to-lovers is not my go to trope. And yet…I LOVED Popply and Alex.
- Told in alternating timelines between the past and the present I felt like I completely understood these two.
- The writing from Emily Henry was beautiful as always and I honestly can’t wait to re-read this gem!
A Lady’s Formula for Love by Elizabeth Everett
- Strong STEM representation especially women in HR
- Grumpy + sunshine
- A romance so swoony and tender
- Highly recommend this historical rom-com!!
Accidentally Engaged by Farah Heron
- Own voices romance featuring fake dating and a cooking competition – yes!
- Loved Reema and Nadim! They were funny, sweet and so adorable.
- I related so much to the South Asian representation in Accidentally Engaged and can’t wait to read more from Farah Heron!
It Happened One Summer by Tessa Bailey
- Loved this romance between grumpy sea captain Brendan and insta-famous socialite Piper
- It Happened One Summer had the perfect combination of humor, romance (so hot!) and tenderness. I loved both Brendan and Piper so much!!
- Add this book to your TBR – releases July 13, 2021. I already can’t wait for the next book in the series!
Float Plan by Trish Doller
- Absolutely lovely and brilliant writing by Trish Doller! I was highlighting so many passages as I read along.
- Loved Anna’s journey of self discovery as the book progressed.
- While there were serious topics being discussed including mental health and suicide, I loved the way relationships bloomed for Anna. Not just with Keane but the people she meets on her journey while sailing across the Caribbean.