How was your reading in 2020? I think the perfect word to describe mine would be sporadic. There were days/weeks/months when I felt like I couldn’t read fast enough and then other times where my reading would just come to a halt.
I did read some amazing books this year though and thought I’d highlight my top 20 of 2020! I created a top 10 list of books I read that were released this year and a top 10 list of books that were released previously, but that I read and loved this year!
Did we read any of the same books in 2020? I can’t wait to go back and re-read some of these new favorites 💕
Top 10 books published in 2020
A Heart of Blood and Ashes by Mila Vane
- Barbaric romance/fantasy that gave me all the GOT vibes
- Enemies-to-lovers romance that was sizzling from the very first time Maddek and Yvenne met
- Suspenseful fantasy romance that will leave you wanting more!
A Favor for a Favor by Helena Hunting
- Grumpy hero with a heart of gold
- Enemies-to-lovers romance with hilarious shenanigans from Stevie and Bishop
- Slow, slow burn with sexual tension that had the pages burning up
- If you like audiobooks – this one was amazing!
You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle
- Engaged couple not so in love with each other anymore
- Funny, beautiful and honest writing by Sarah Hogle
- Tackles the difficulties that we all face when in a relationship.
Beach Read by Emily Henry
- Enemies-to-lovers/second chance romance
- Cutesy cover, but underneath a story about self-reflection, healing and forgiveness
The Happy Ever After Playlist by Abby Jimenez
- The cutest meet-cute involving an adorable doggie!
- Friends to lovers romance that had me equal parts grinning and sobbing
- Listen to the audiobook if you get the chance – amazing!
Not My Romeo by Ilsa Madden-Mills
- The funniest meet-cute!
- Witty banter and chemistry that kept me hooked from the beginning
- Reminded me of old school Suzan Elizabeth Phillips (SEP) books with great secondary characters!
The Roommate by Rosie Danan
- The premise alone had this book as one of my most anticipated reads of 2020 and I was not disappointed.
- A pleasure professional and an uptight socialite become roommates – so much witty banter.
- Equal parts funny & sexy!
- The chemistry between Josh and Clara was 🔥 but also they were so so sweet to one another and I loved it.
Don’t Hex and Drive by Juliette Cross
- Opposites attract between a conduit & a vampire in this fantasy romance
- Suspenseful romance filled with super sexy times!
- Loved Devraj’s backstory – especially since I connected with his South Asian/Indian character.
The Devil of Downtown by Joanna Shupe
- Jack Mulligan and Justine “do-gooder” were so absolutely perfect for one another
- The chemistry and sexy times were hot hot hot
- Lots of angst in this romance and I was rooting for Jack and Justine throughout the entire book!
- Loved that this historical romance was set in America!
Little Lies by Helena Hunting
- A continuation of the Pucked series with the newest generation
- Classified as New Adult, but the writing by Helena was perfect as always
- Lots of angst and sexual tension in this second chance romance.
- Filled with hilarious scenes, but also scenes that were touching and so sweet.
- A must read if you loved Pucked/All In series!
Top 10 books not published in 2020
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
- I held off on reading this series for so long because I didn’t think it was for me. Ha!
- I read ACOTAR so quickly and could not wait to find out what happened in ACOMAF.
- This book was everything I ever imagined this series could be.
- Rhys…swoon – need I say more??
Shortcake by Lucy Watson
- Enemies to lovers + forced proximity!
- Chemistry between Emmy and Ben was so sexy
- Love how Lucy Watson also touched on topics like panic attacks and anxiety, but in a way that made us love these characters even more!
Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
- So many friends recommended Lord of Scoundrels to me and I don’t know why I waited so long to pick it up!
- Jess is so feisty and Dain was just…A LOT 😂
- This book had me laughing out loud so much, but also swooning over these two!
Wallflower Wager by Tessa Dare
- Grumpy meets sunshine
- So many funny laugh out loud moments!
- Sizzling chemistry and wonderful banter between Gabriel and Penny!
- Loved how these characters were so complex and saw one another’s vulnerabilities.
- I cannot believe I waited to long to read about Wesmie!
- I loved loved loved this book and it was my first M/M!
- Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy did such a wonderful job of giving me all the feels in this duet.
- Highly recommend the audiobook of both Him and Us as well as the rest of the books in the WAGs series!
Rules of Engagement by JT Geissinger
- Mason needs a wife so his football organization will get off his back.
- Maddie is a matchmaker and decides to help Mason.
- Hilarity ensues and sparks fly!
- Loved this hilarious slow burn rom-com with lots of heart!
Wolf Gone Wild by Juliette Cross
- Paranormal romance between a werewolf and a witch.
- Hilarious. laugh out loud internal dialogue between Mateo and his werewolf Alpha
- Slow burn that was super super sexy
- Loved Evie’s relationship with her sisters!
Getaway Girl by Tessa Bailey
- Friends to lovers romance with so much heart and heat
- Adored Elijah and Addison and their chemistry was evident from the beginning of their relationship.
- Elijah – the cinnamon roll, dirty talking hero…swoon!
Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore
- Opposites attract romance between a nobleman & a commoner
- Romance that puts women’s rights front and center – Annabelle is a suffragist after all
- Loved the relationship between Annabelle and Sebastian – the push and pull made it feel so real!
- The friendships between the suffragists was so great! Can’t wait to read more about them.
The Billionaire’s Wakeup Call Girl by Annika Martin
- Hilarious and sexy – I loved the first in this amazing series!
- The inner monologues of Lizzie and Theo were equally parts amusing and funny
- Super sexy phone calls between these two had me rooting for them to finally see each other for who they really were
- Grumpy + sunshine = my favorite type of romance.
- Listen to the audio if you get a chance!